Tuesday, June 3, 2008

May was so wonderful. We started the month out with return of Papa Pixler from Iraq, followed by the return of Uncle Ross from the same country. To celebrate the end of a long military season, we met Uncle Ryan, Aunt Tasha, Rocky, Papa and G-fiddy at Lyman Lake on the Arizona and New Mexico Border. We had a wonderful time!

The boys especially loved being allowed to throw rocks into the silver water. They spent hours tossing every shaped stone into the sparkling lake and watching the rippling effects. They felt like the masters of their domain!

Our camping trip included some beautiful hikes! We were able to see some ancient petroglyphs and some cool caves. Daddy and Ryan Michael bonded while they... err... Dad hiked in tandem!

G-fiddy, Tasha, and I stole away for another hike by ourselves. We enjoyed some quality time alone.

Rocky and Ryan Michael played so well. They were pirates & dinosaurs all the while staying well away from the fire. They did a great job!

Why is it that Mike gets all the cute picture with our son??? It's so not fair! They had such fun singing campfire songs and eating smores. I loved every minute of it!

After returning from a fun weekend with the family, we had some great play dates with our neighbors!

Here Ryan Michael is getting a ride with Daniel. Daniel's little brother Charlie is pulling while his sister, Audrey, is pushing! Ryan slept well after this play date!

The next weekend we had a neighborhood picnic! Here is Ryan Michael with his girl-friends Tommy and Brooke (or Brookes as Ryan calls her!)

The following day we had a rendezvous with them at an amazing pool where Ryan and Hayden were inseparable. I couldn't catch both boys faces in a picture at any given time. Most of the morning was spent sitting in the water next to Brooke watching them chase one another. Brooke and I bonded in the shade... boys are just different, eh sista?!

Well, our month ended with a trip to Tucson to celebrate Roderick's third birthday. We hit on the road with Papa and G-fiddy and arrived in time for a great water balloon fight!

Aunt Tasha and I were ambushed by our conniving boys after a trip to the store for ice. The ice was for homemade ice cream and I thought it was very generous that Tasha still made them ice cream and cake after getting soaked. She is more forgiving than I!!!!

Even G-fiddy got into double fisted action!

But it was Mike that was taking everyone out with his powerful super soaker. Finally, our wonderful boys vindicated us by bravely standing up to him each armed only with their small squirt guns!

Our Heroes! The water war ended with a perfect picnic, birthday cake and ice cream.

So our first day of June ended with our young son crashed on the floor.
I completely agree, son!
I completely agree.

No comments: