Tuesday, March 31, 2009

March 2009


March started out with some fun parties! For the first celebration, the neighborhood gathered at the Baker's to honor Bryce's First Birthday.
Mike holds his baby girl who was all dressed up for the occasion. She was decked out in an outfit that GGT had sent to her before she was born. It is a sweet outfit. I only wish GGT would allow herself to enjoy it in person. It's sad that we are separated by only a few miles and yet there is no fellowship. I miss my Grandma. I pray we can be together again. I hope Ryleigh Mikelle gets to meet her GGT. Unfortunately, that is not in my control, I have to respect her priorities. And yet, I know this story is not over. I am not sure how it will end, but I pray Jesus is glorified in it! I truly trust the one who is in ultimate control!! He is the Master and I know He is El Roi, the God who sees! So, I continue to hope and pray for family-wide humility, reconciliation, and restoration. Stay-tuned!!

Back to Bryce's Birthday Party...
Oh my! What is wrong, Little Cole?
(Notice the big brothers spying on the babies in the tent behind them?)
Uhh! Hayden and Ryan have been spotted! Ryleigh and Cole have found their brothers.
Cole is upset he cant keep up with the boys.. while Ryleigh is puzzled.. she cant imagine why he would want to play so rough! Besides, walking is SO over-rated!! It is much more civilized to sit sweetly on the grass with your mom.
However, apparently there are certain reasons to practice walking, like pleasing your Daddy! There is nothing like your Dad's approval and delight!

Gma-Rissa joined our neighborhood celebration. Ryleigh got some cuddle time with another great admirer! Cole enjoys pulling up on his mommy's knees while Gavin enjoys his mom's lap.

When it was all said and done.. Ryleigh and I had a lot of time together too..

Later in the month, we also enjoyed some playtime with Robin and Josie. Here Josie enjoys a Narnia book and Ryan acts cheeky for the camera.

Now, I know this is a March Posting.. but we had a LATE LATE LATE Christmas Gift arrive in the mail for my Mom....
Aunt Joani, Uncle Scott, Dad, and I all conspired to give my Mom a special Pixler family heirloom. Completely surprised.. Mom wears this gift while talking to Aunt Joani on the phone. She still cant believe the generosity and trust her brother-in-law and sister-in-law showed her. It was one of the more validating and sacrificing actions I have witnessed.

Throughout the months of February and March, I struggled to replant my garden. I worked spastically around holding Ryleigh. It did finally get accomplished with the help of our sweet Father who allowed for late frosts and a mild spring. The garden was replanted and the prayer garden was nurtured. Here Ryan helps me by watering the veggies early in March.

Another March activity was helping Thursday evenings at the church. Ryan, Ryleigh, myself, and occasionally Mike (when work would allow him to be in town) would all spend a few hours in the nursery with the children while their mother's participated in a women's bible study in the next room. The moms studied God's Word under the teaching of one of Beth Moore's studies. Our community was in such need of this unifying and loving activity. We Huttas were happy to serve as a family. Mike and I were eager to set a precedent of family service and this was the perfect opportunity. One of the church's older girls, Kayla, came to help out one night and here she holds Ryleigh. They got along well! Although I have no picture of her, Rain also helped every Thursday. It was fun to bond with her. She has a very creative spirit and I was in awe of her energy!

During the month of March, Ryleigh's bath time routine became much more fun as she discovered the world around her. Here she is fascinated by the drain plug and her reflection in the mirror. Her focus would go back and forth between the two.

My bundle of joy on the floor waiting for me to diaper and dress her.

Before I could grab her supplies, she untangled herself, flipped over, and was talking to herself in the mirror. Look at those little baby cheeks!

Well, okay... there was a bit of a struggle to get her reversed and properly diapered. But once I let go, she was on her belly and again beside the mirror. She is so pleased to get her way.

Ryan had a wonderful time with March's Moms & Ministry outings. Here he is on his way to the Zoo. (He really missed his weekly visits to the Zoo.) He has his hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen. He is ready!! If only Mom could get herself organized and out the door as fast as he did! But all was right once he was strapped in his seat and on the way.

We loaded the wagon with all our stuff... Ryleigh, car seat, diaper bad, picnic blanket, lunch cooler, water, and Ryan and met our friends on the bridge. No wonder it took me so long to get ready!

The prairie dog exhibit was a hit!

...and provided the perfect photo opportunity :)

In the days after the Zoo.. Ryan and Dad played lots of pretend camping trips in the playroom. Here they are having emerged from their tent. Now, how Mike was able to curl himself into that tiny tent with his son is beyond me. It is a testament to the love of a father, for sure!

March was our month to host the Couple's Game Night. Since many were unable to attend our last minute event, we decided to do a murder mystery. We had received just such a game as a wedding gift over four ago!

We had a blast! Nicole and Dan Ludwig were an inspiration.. going all-out for their characters. They were so fun! Bill and Kim lit up the evening as they assumed their roles. Travis and Amber joined us as the murderer and the neighbor of the victim. They had an interesting time discerning our friends' true personalities from their characters. It made for some fun conversations! Mike and I were extras, but even we had a great time trying to guess who was at fault for the murder. The game was a hit!

I shout-out needs to be give: Thanks to my friends Claire and Mike Nelson for blessing us with such a creative and fun gift!

Ryleigh was a little bitter about being left out. She got over it ;)

As Ryleigh began sitting up with more and more stability, she and Ryan were able to better bond. Their ability to play and interact with one another grew. Ryan was a wonderful big brother; including his sister in his play and teaching her how to do things. He was very generous with his toys and very patient when she would grab things out of his hands. I have been really impressed with his heart and character.

Mike and I are really blessed to have such a family.

No comments: